Team Of Health Care Professionals To Your Home For Your Comfort
WHEN IS HOSPICE AN OPTION?
- For 65 and older adults with medical problems seeking minimally invasive & comfort-focused treatment options.
HOW IS HOSPICE PAID FOR?
- Hospice is paid for by Medicare and your insurance. A common misconception is that, the specific hospice team you use should be the one referred or prescribed by your physician or a hospital.
- You have the right to choose any hospice program. The team you choose to work with will greatly impact the level of your care experience.
- Choose to work with a local, nurse-owned hospice program.
WHERE IS HOSPICE PROVIDED?
- The hospice care team, led by the physician & a registered nurse, will come to your place of residence whether it is in your own home or at a senior living community.
- Our team is highly knowledgeable in assisted living, memory care and adult care homes operations.
- We will work with your current team with you in mind.
Are you ready for hospice?
We believe that when hospice care services are done right at the right time and for the right reason, the program is able to provide maximum comfort care and support.
- 65 & older
- Multiple falls & ER visits in the last 6 months
- Decline in health & functional abilities
- Weight loss and decreased appetite
- Diagnosis causing multiple symptoms physically, emotionally & behaviorally that needs management.
GOAL = COMFORT, PAIN MANAGEMENT & AVOIDING ER VISITS.
SUPPLIES & SERVICES
- MEDICATIONS – maximum medication coverage
- INCONTINENCE SUPPLIES – briefs, pull-ups, pads, chucks, wipes and gloves
- MEDICAL SUPPLIES – walker, wheelchair, oxygen machine, hospital bed, etc.
- 24 hours / 7 days a week nursing care support
- Nurse podiatry service
- Low patient – to – staff ratio
- Bereavement and grief support
- Assistance with funeral and estate planning
- In-service trainings to caregivers educational credits
- RN consultation available for care homes
- Hair grooming
- Massage therapy, Music therapy
- Accupuncture therapy
- PT, OT & speech therapies
Tender hearts are homemade in Portland, Oregon
The Tenderly Difference
Discover the difference.
Your Team, For Your Comfort, To Your Home
We pride ourselves as a local, nurse-owned and values-based hospice organization. We are not a big hospital-based or corporate franchised operation. We focus on one thing only – quality hospice service done right with a tender heart. We are proud to serve the greater Portland community. Being locally owned and operated, we understand what the community needs: a unique personalized care approach, not a “one size fits all”. Our team strives to be humble in our service, passionate in caring and present for your comfort needs.
Tenderly Hospice aims to offer hospice care the right way with a tender heart.
A homegrown hospice team caring with tenderhearted kindness, humility, gentleness and patience in the service of the Portland community.
We are here with you. You are not alone
“You matter because you are you. You matter to the last
moment of your life, and we will do all we can, not only
to help you in your end of life, but to live until then.”
-Dr. Cicely Saunders, founder of the first hospice